DSI is a premier non-partisan Institute designed to assist in advancing the mission-critical goals of the United States Military and Government. Through our high-level educational training summits and symposiums, we are able to reach across all offices and departments in a fair and balanced manner. We bring together the mission-relevant representatives in our neutral “Town Hall” forums in order to foster the necessary discussions and debates to help them achieve efficient and effective mission success.
Announcing EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium
Defense Strategies Institute is proud to announce the 9th Annual EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium, occurring this October 26-27 at The Sunset Room in National Harbor, MD. This year’s symposium will discuss the current initiatives toward advancing domestic and international counter-IED missions in support of US National Security, highlighting this year’s theme “Integrating C-IED Technologies to Neutralize Threats Across Domestic & Foreign Operations”.
The Defense Department is preparing for a new era of explosive ordnance disposal that will bring fresh challenges and require new technology solutions. This 2022 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will provide a ‘town-hall’ style forum to provide insight into the emerging technologies, enhanced training, and methods of intelligence gathering that are vital to successful EOD and demining initiatives.
The 2022 EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium will feature senior-level speakers including:
- BG Michael B. Lalor, Chief of Ordnance, Commandant, U.S. Army Ordnance School
- Bgen Marcus Annibale, USMC, Director, Expeditionary Warfare, OPNAV N95
- Brig Gen Brian S. Hartless, USAF, Deputy Director, Resource Integration, Incoming Air Force Director of Civil Engineers, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, USAF
- COL Russell Hoff, USA, Project Manager, Close Combat Systems, Joint Program Executive Office Armaments & Ammunition
- COL Michael Schoonover, USA, Commander, 71st Ordnance Group
- CAPT Eric C. Correll, USN, Commanding Officer, Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Division
- and many more!
Topics to be covered at the Summit Include:
- Guiding Naval Expeditionary Combat Forces (NECF) Efforts Toward Clearing the Battlespace of Any Hazards
- Developing Adaptive Ordnance Professionals to Effectively Sustain Army Readiness & Win in Multi-Domain Operations
- Providing an Update on OBP Initiatives for Mitigating the Use of Explosives and IEDs Against US Critical Infrastructure
- Ensuring Acquisition Excellence by Delivering Dominating Close Combat Capabilities to the Warfighter to Win in MDO
- Planning & Providing EOD Support to Mid-Intensity or Large-Scale Combat Operations Against a Near Peer Adversary
- And much more!
DSI is now welcoming Sponsors and Exhibitors for the forum. To learn more please contact Amanda Delgado, [email protected] or (201) 940-6680.
Active military and government and state personnel attend complimentary. Those interested in participating in the EOD/IED & Countermine Symposium can visit Defense Strategies Institute’s website at https://countermine.dsigroup.org/. Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions contact Erica Noreika at [email protected], 201-896-7802.
Visit the Website to see a list of upcoming Summits and Symposiums